NMOA is seeking an accountant who will be responsible for applying accepted accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of accounting principles.
- Exceptional problem solving abilities and good organization skills.
- Ability to understand, read, write and speak English.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret medical information.
- Ability to successfully write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions and professionally interact with managers, employees, patients, vendors and the general public.
- Ability to recognize and define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and correct errors.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in a variety of forms and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
- Exhibit a comprehensive understanding of healthcare regulatory and compliance policy (e.g., HIPAA).
- Knowledge of New Mexico Orthopaedics policies and procedures.
- Ability to identify and implement opportunities for improvement.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and efficiently while maintaining a professional, courteous manner.
- High integrity, including maintenance of confidential information.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment and independent discretion and positively influence and lead others, including handling confrontations with poise and efficiency.
- Advanced computer skills (including, but not limited to spreadsheets, word documents, Internet and email) required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required. Three years of accounting experience is required. One year experience in a medical setting such as a physician office, hospital, ambulatory care or long-term nursing facility preferred.
Please contact Steven Kmatz, NMOA Director of Finance, at email@example.com.